Windward Insider Blog
10 Oct 2011
Retail TherapyRetail Therapy [ree-teyl ther-uh-pee}
- shopping as an outlet for frustration and to relieve stress
- rebounding from sales depression
- Turn info into insight - if you are collecting customer information, buying and inventory info, trying looking at all that data to spot trends and adjust your business accordingly. Don't just collect info, do something with it!
- Be flexible in your business processes - hard lines lead to hard times. We're not suggesting 'anything goes' but if you have a procedure or process that your staff or customers wants you to review, do that!
- Get social, connect yourself to customers via the media they prefer - we're not only suggesting the usual bandwagon full twitter, Facebook, etc . For example, a lingerie company, who is a Windward Software customer, recently partnered with a golf course and local woman's shelter to run a very successful charity event. Not only did the money raised help the women at the shelter, the lingerie company connected with many potentially new customers. See http://www.windwardsoftware.com/blog/2011/07/5th-annual-linked-together-2011/
- Get better and more efficient - prices can only go up so you have to reduce costs. There is no best way to reduce costs, but there are better ways! Get advice, see our previous blog about working with a CGA. http://www.windwardsoftware.com/blog/2011/08/the-benefits-of-having-a-cga/